If you want to play Minecraft with your friends your Nintendo switch will ask you to sign in with a free Microsoft account. To do this, you are able to visit the site https://aka.ms/remoteconnect and enter a code. You may come to this page to find out that information, let us talk about that here.
You have to know that a Microsoft account is optional and actually not required to play Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. It is a free account you are able to use to sign in on a device. It will allow Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch to play with other players on non-Nintendo devices like Android, iOS, Xbox One, and Windows 10 (via cross-play, Realms, or Servers). If you have a Microsoft Account , you will also have an ability to enable the portability of your Minecoins and marketplace purchases to other devices and platforms.
Based on the research, Minecraft was released for the Nintendo Switch on June 21, 2018. Right now, previous owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition can download the new version of Minecraft for free from the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console. The players who own Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition are going to receive the new version of Minecraft free of charge. They are able to follow the in-game prompts to download the new version, or directly find it in the Nintendo eShop.
If you have a Microsoft account, then you want to play Minecraft with other players on non-Nintendo devices like Android, iOS, Xbox One, and Windows 10, you are able to sign in on your Switch. To do that, you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, on the Minecraft game home screen, you are able to click Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- This is going to bring up a screen giving you a unique 8 digit code and instructing you to go to http://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- Now, you have to complete your sign-in by following the instructions on the website to enter the 8 digit code. Please ensure that you enter Nintendo code correctly.
- Finally, you are able to play Minecraft with other players on non-Nintendo devices.
Well, the text above is a way to sign in on your Switch. Now, we are also going to share how to find your friends on their Microsoft account. For finding your friends on their Microsoft account, easily you are able to follow these steps below:
- Firstly, after you have signed in to your Microsoft account, you are able to click Play on the home screen.
- Then, you are able to toggle to the right to reach the Friends tab.
- After that, you have to click Add Friend.
- The last step that you have to do is to find your friends. To do this, you are able to find your friends by entering their Microsoft gamertag.
The text above is a way to find your friends on their Microsoft account, finally you are able to play Minecraft with your friends who are on non-Nintendo devices.