On June 21, 2018, Minecraft was released for the Nintendo Switch. Previous owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition can download this new version of Minecraft for free from the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console now.
You may come to this page because you are a user of Nintendo Switch and want to play Minecraft on your device. How do you sign in on your Switch? Let us discuss it here.
HOW TO SIGN IN ON YOUR SWITCH
If you have a Microsoft account, then you want to sign in on your Switch, you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, on the Minecraft game home screen, you are able to click Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- This is going to bring up a screen giving you a unique 8 digit code and instructing you to go to http://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- Now, you have to complete your sign-in by following the instructions on the site to enter the 8 digit code.
Well, the text above is a way to sign in on your Switch. At this time, you will be able to enjoy the game on your device.
Talk about this, in this article we are going to share some information regarding Minecraft for the Nintendo Switch. You need to read this explanation below.
HOW TO FIND YOUR FRIENDS ON THEIR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT
- After you have signed in to your Microsoft account, you are able to click Play on the home screen.
- Please toggle to the right to reach the Friends tab.
- Then, you have to click Add Friend.
- Lastly, you are able to find friends by entering their Microsoft gamertag.
After you keep entering your friend’s ID and you cannot find them, you have to ensure that you are entering your friend’s gamertag properly. You have to note that you are only able to enter a Microsoft gamertag as a player ID. Remember that player IDs from other platforms are not supported at this time.
Actually, a Microsoft account is optional and not required to play Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. It is a free account you are able to use to sign in on a device. It offers Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch to play with other players on non-Nintendo devices like Xbox One, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 (via cross-play, Realms, or Servers). Also, having a Microsoft Account enables the portability of your Minecoins and marketplace purchases to other devices and platforms.
By the way, do you need to pay a subscription fee to play online? You need to know that online subscription fees are determined by the platform you play on. Therefore, an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is not required for Nintendo Switch players, but a Nintendo Switch Online subscription is going to be required for multiplayer once that service launches. A free Microsoft account is recommended for the players to get the most out of this version of Minecraft. In addition, Minecraft Realms are going to be available at an additional cost.