In Minecraft, there are a lot of items. Even some of them can be crafted by players. Now how about a dropper and a dispenser? Can you differentiate between these items? You may think that these items are almost the same but actually they have some differences. What are the differences between these items? You are able to see the explanation about each of them below.
What is dropper in Minecraft? It is a block which is able to be used to eject items or to push items into another container. It can be obtained from block loot or you can craft it. If you get it from block loot, you are able to mine it by using any type of pickaxe. If you mine it without using a pickaxe, then they drop nothing. If you want to obtain it by crafting it, you need to know the recipe for it. The materials that you need for crafting a dropper is 7 cobblestones and 1 redstone. The recipe is:
- In the first row of the crafting table, put 3 cobblestones in the first box, second box and in the third box. Each box is filled with one cobblestone.
- In the second row of the crafting table, put a cobblestone in the first box and in the third box.
- In the third row, put a cobblestone in the first box, a redstone in the second box and a cobblestone in the third box.
What is a dispenser in Minecraft?It is a solid block which can be used as a redstone component to dispense items. You are able to obtain it by mining it with a pickaxe in which case it drops itself and its content. What happens if we mine it without a pickaxe? It will drop only its contents. You are also able to craft it and the materials needed are 7 cobblestones, a bow and a redstone dust. The recipe is:
- In the first row of the crafting table, put 3 cobblestones in the first box, second box and third box. You must put a cobblestone in each of the boxes.
- In the second row, put a cobblestone in the first box, an arrow in the second box and a cobblestone in the third box.
- In the third row, put a cobblestone in the first box, a redstone dust in the second box and a cobblestone in the third box.
Dropper VS Dispenser
So, what are the differences between them? Of course as you can see above, the functions and how to craft them are different. The dropper spits out all items as entities, but the dispenser shoots out some as projectiles or otherwise. Nevertheless, they are similar in a lot of ways such as placing behaviour. In some cases, dropper is useful over dispenser since they drop items that dispensers would shoot out as entities. Dropper is not able to activate items but dispenser can shoot arrows placed in it, place down shulker boxes, place down water/ lava source blocks, equip armor on a player, set off fireworks, set off TNT, place boats in water and apply bone meal to crops. Dropper will only dispense items which are put in it in their item forms and it will never activate anything placed in it.