Apparently, DTS and Lofgeezy have hosted the Lof x DTS Invitational. There are eight teams set to compete every Saturday starting May 9th, and ending with a finals matchup June 6th, with a total Prize Pool of $10,000.
TSM were the ones to take first place, adding yet another trophy to their collection. Team Solo Mid (TSM) have been doing rather well in the Valorant scene that only just begun recently. The North American team already has a couple of trophies to boast. The Lof x DTS Invitational Series was an event which technically started back when Riot’s tactical shooter was still in closed beta.
A total of eight teams participated and they were all determined by qualifiers. For your information, each qualifier sent the top two teams to the main event and the first qualifier took place on May 9 while the fourth and final one was on June 8. The DTS tournament itself happened on June 17. Here is the list of teams that took part in the event in order of the final standings:
- China Nguyen
- Pon Pon
- 303 Esports Orange
- Team Yelo
- Echo 8
A total of $5,000 was distributed in prize money. TSM took home $4,000 while China Nguyen got $1,000. Everyone else got a participation token. All of the matches were Bo3 and there was no group stage. Instead, the event went right into the playoffs. TSM had a flawless run because they eliminated 303 Esports Orange in the first round. Pon Pon in the second and China Nguyen in the grand finals. All of the series ended with 2:0 for TSM.
THE TOURNAMENT RULES
This tournament is only open for the players in these regions: United States of America, Canada.
- The top seed is going to make the custom lobby and will invite the opposite team captain via “Riot ID” by using the Valorant platform. Then, the team Captains are going to invite their respective players to the lobby.
- Custom lobby settings are going to be set to default. “Cheats” have to be enabled.
- Whoever made the lobby will be the host “location”.
TIMEOUTS AND DISCONNECTS
Cheats are going to be enabled that means the timeout feature will be accessible. If a player has technical difficulties or issues, the team captains are going to have the access to use the timeout feature located in the cheats menu. Tournament operators are going to be notified and will verify the issue.
- You may live stream the event. They are going to be required to have their streams muted during discord conversations with admins including the captains meeting before the tournament begins.
- Valorant tournament organizers have to toggle off the “show blood” setting, per Riot guidelines. This includes small, community tournaments of less than $10k prize pool.
BEST OF 3 – MAP SELECTION PROCESS
- Top Seed – Map 1 Pick
- Low Seed – Map 1 Side Selection
- Low Seed – Map 2 Pick
- Top Seed – Map 2 Side Selection
- Map 3 Side Selection will be determined via Coin Flip done by the Top Seeds.