A campfire is a light-emitting block which can be used to cook food, act as a light source, or act as a smoke signal. A soul campfire is a variant of the campfire with cyan flames. Campfires can be crafted, however they are able to be found in some village houses, acting as a chimney. They can only be reclaimed by mining them by using a tool with the Silk Touch enchantment, otherwise, they are going to drop charcoal.
In Minecraft, Campfires has some functions such as below :
- A source of light.
- A decorative fireplace, that will not spread fire to other blocks.
- Cooks up to four food items in 30 seconds, including Raw Beef, Raw Porkchop, Raw Rabbit, Raw Chicken, Raw Mutton, Raw Cod, Raw Salmon, Kelp and Potato.
- Enable act as a smoke signal if a hay bale is used; or a marker to a player’s base.
- Placing a campfire underneath a beehive or bee nest lets a player gather honey without angering the bees.
- Campfires will be able to deal damage to mobs like magma blocks, even if underwater, with the exceptions of guardians and shulkers.
HOW TO CRAFT A CAMPFIRE ON MINECRAFT
These are the materials you need to use to craft a campfire:
- 3 Sticks
- 1 Charcoal or 1 Coal
- 3 Wood or 3 Logs
Here are steps to craft a Campfire in Survival Mode:
- Open the Crafting Menu
First, you need to open your crafting table so that you have the 3×3 crafting grid.
- Add Items to build a Campfire
In the crafting menu, you will be able to see a crafting area which is made up of a 3×3 crafting grid. To build a campfire, you have to place 3 sticks, 1 charcoal or 1 coal, and 3 wood or 3 logs in the 3×3 crafting grid. When you are making a campfire, it is very important that the items are placed in the exact pattern. In the first row, there must be 1 stick in the middle box. In the second row, there must be 1 stick in the first box, 1 charcoal or coal in the second box, and 1 stick in the third box. In the third row, there must be 1 wood or 1 log in each of the 3 boxes. You are able to use any wood or log, in this example, we used oak logs. This is a simple crafting recipe for a campfire. Now that you have filled the crafting area with the correct pattern, the campfire is going to appear in the box to the right.
- Move the Campfire to Inventory
After you have crafted a campfire, you are able to move the new item to your inventory.
- Congratulations, you have made a campfire in Minecraft. Finally, you are able to survive the cold nights on Minecraft.