How do I change my Valorant username? Definitely, this question is often asked by every Valorant player, especially for a newcomer. However, it is so important to remember that many Valorant players are a little bit confused to get the ways for it. Then, if you have the same question, of course, it is not totally wrong.
In Valorant, changing your username is really needed. It is because Valorant does not allow the user who has the same username on a few different servers including PBE. In this case, no two usernames can have the same display name. You have to ensure that you are each one of a kind.
In most cases in Valorant, an account which shares a name will not be allowed to have the same person. So, you have to change your username before you play a game.
Then, you may feel sick and tired of your Valorant display name in which you have to change your display name if you find the same username on a server. Why does it happen?
Need to know that your Valorant display name is automatically linked to your Riot account. So, it gives you the quick and easy choice to change it.
Furthermore, Riot almost put this feature behind a paywall when the full version of this game releases in summer 2020. So, get the benefit from it while you still can do. We’ve known that in other Riot titles such as Legends of Runeterra, League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, you are totally forced to spend in-game currency if you really want to change your name.
So, it obviously feels pretty to lose your username as you’ve had for years. But, you do not have to worry, the new Valorant system probably will make you easier to stay signed in without changing your username again.
Then, how to change your Valorant name (username)?
It is the good news in which changing your username in Valorant is totally free. Certainly, to change your Valorant username is really easy to do. Here are the simple ways that you can do to change your Valorant username:
- Step 1: The first step is simply to close the Valorant client.
- Step 2: You have to log in to your Riot account that you can access here. https://account.riotgames.com/account
- Step 3: Then, navigate to the Riot ID tab on the second to the left.
- Step 4: Click on the little pen next to your Valorant name.
- Step 5: You can enter your new name with a unique hashtag to make your name more gorgeous.
- Step 6: Then, it will give you the option to change your name once a month. The hashtag definitely can either be a set of letters, numbers similar to a clan tag in League of Legends. Of course, if your username is unique, you will not need a hashtag anymore, but in most cases, you have to do it.
- Step 7: Finally, your username is confirmed to load up Valorant and you are good to go.
Well, you already know how to change your Valorant username now.