In this article, we are going to share how to download Minecraft Texture Pack. If you come to this page to find out that information, so you are at the right page. Here you are able to get the information you need.
ABOUT MINECRAFT TEXTURE PACK
As a player of Minecraft, of course you may be familiar with texture packs. Definitely, it is a collection of files which used to change the in-game textures of mobs, items, blocks, and GUI. They have many PNG images in them and a text document named pack.txt. The resolution of textures are 16×16. While 32×32, 64×64, 128×128, 256×256, 512×512, and 1024×1024 textures are referred to as “HD”. In Java Edition 1.6.1, Minecraft texture packs were replaced with resource packs which give more control over textures and other game features.
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING MINECRAFT TEXTURE PACK
Apparently, there are some steps that you have to do to download and install Minecraft Texture Pack. Here are steps:
- At the first step, you are able to download a texture pack from the site of your choice. You have to note that most texture packs are in ZIP file format, but as long as it has the necessary files (pack.txt), Minecraft will recognize a folder as a texture pack. If you create your own textures, you will be able to ZIP them if you feel it is necessary.
- The second step, you are able to Run Minecraft. If Minecraft is already running, you have to make sure to leave the world. You are going to need at least be in the main menu to continue.
- The next step that you have to do is to click the Texture Packs button. In other cases, if you do not see it, you are able to go to Options.
- In this step, you are able to click the Open Texture Pack Folder button. This will be able to open the folder where Minecraft stores all texture packs. If nothing happens, it means that the folder needs to be found manually. Depending on the operating system it is located at:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8: %appdata%\.minecraft\texturepacks .
- GNU/Linux: ~/.minecraft/texturepacks (this folder can be hidden in the Home folder).
- macOS: ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/minecraft/texturepacks.
- Please remember that Minecraft does not have to be closed when you are placing the texture pack in the opened folder.
- In a few minutes the texture pack will appear in Minecraft. Now, you will be able to choose it and click “Done”.
- Finally, the texture pack is applied. If Minecraft did not update, so you are able to exit and reopen the texture packs screen.
Well, the text above is an explanation on how to download and install Minecraft texture pack. Make sure that you follow those steps above correctly. If you want to ask for any information related to downloading and installing the Minecraft texture pack, you are able to send us an email for assistance. Or you are also able to join Forum to discuss it.