You may come to this page to find out the way to fix Valorant 0xc0000005. If so, you are at the right page. Here we are going to share the ways to fix Valorant 0xc0000005. Now, you do not go anywhere. Keep staying on this page.
How to fix Valorant 0xc0000005 error?
Here are some methods that you can try to fix Valorant 0xc0000005 error:
Method 1: Remove Malware with Anti-Malware Software
Based on the research, malware is annoying and harmful software which secretly accesses your Windows computer or device, without your knowledge. It is getting more up-to-date by the day and now comes in lots of forms. Those who responsible for it have more nefarious motivations for their reign of terror than before. Kinds of malware include viruses, adware, spyware, phishing, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, ransomware, and browser hijackers. Scanning and removal of malware, adware and spyware should be done at least once a week.
Method 2: Delete SPAM (Unsolicited junk mail)
Spam (Unsolicited junk mail) should be deleted from your computer soon as you receive it. Probably, SPAM may have viruses, adware, malware, or a trojan horse embedded that will slow down your computer. More seriously, the viruses or malware can multiply and install itself in the background, spying and stealing your own passwords, browsing your history, keyboard usage data, and can monitor and control your computer’s camera and microphone.
To block SPAM or junk emails from landing in your inbox in the first place, you have to install one of this antivirus software with anti-spam protection. In this case, you are able to use Bitdefender as one of the best antivirus. Please run a PC Scan with Restore Repair Tool to discover errors causing security issues and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process will replace destroyed files with fresh Windows files and components. With a very powerful security engine, it will discover any virus or malware infiltrated into your system and will optimize your PC’s performance.
Method 3: Run Valorant in compatible mode
Probably, some Windows updates conflict with Valorant. If that is the case, you have to try launching Valorant in compatible mode. Here are the steps to run Valorant in compatible mode:
- On your desktop, you have to right click the Valorant icon and choose Properties.
- Then, you are able to choose the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode option, simply check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for.” If you are on Windows 10, you need to set it to Windows 8. If you are on Windows 8, please set it to Windows 7. Then, click OK to finish.
- The last step, you only need to restart your computer and launch Valorant.
If this way can fix your problem, congratulations. If not, you are able to try the next method.
Method 4: Run Valorant as an Administrator
By default, Windows runs a program as a regular user that has limited access to some directories. Running Valorant as an Administrator can avoid the permission problem. Here are steps to run Valorant as an Administrator:
- On your desktop, you have to right click the Valorant icon and choose Run as administrator. If you are able to launch the game this method, continue to the next step to set Valorant to always run in administrator mode.
- On your desktop, you need to right click the Valorant icon and choose Properties.
- The next step that you have to do is to choose the Compatibility tab. Under Settings section, please check the box before Run this program as an Administrator. Simply, click OK to finish.
- Now, launch Valorant and see if you can log in.
Method 5: Close all Riot related processes
Some Valorant players commented that Valorant will not start when a process is not working properly. It means that you need to exit all the Riot related processes and launch Valorant again. Here are some steps you need to do:
- Firstly, right click Task Bar to open task manager.
- Then, scroll through all the processes and search for Riot related processes. If you discover any, choose them and click End task to stop them. For note: You should not stop the Vanguard process. Otherwise you will have to restart your computer before launching Valorant again.
- After you have exited all the riot related processes, simply launch Valorant and see if you are still have errors.
If this method does not work for you, there is still a last method you can try.
Method 6: Reinstall Valorant
Well, this is the final solution for you: reinstalling Valorant. It is only necessary when you have inconsistent game files that often occurs when you have an unstable network connection. To uninstall Valorant, you have follow these easy steps below:
- On your keyboard, please press the windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Then, you have to type “control.” Click ok to open the Control Panel.
- After that, you need to choose Programs and Features.
- One at a time, you are able to double click Valorant and Riot Vanguard to uninstall them.
- Lastly, go to the Valorant official website and download the latest version.
Why does Valorant 0xc0000005 error occurs?
The Valorant app was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) may arise as the DLL (Dynamic Link Library), that supports the running of the software is incomplete, corrupted or not signed. Need to know that DLL files are utilized by Windows programs to perform many functions on the system. Overwriting a newer DLL file, removal of a DLL file due to program uninstall, incompatible or faulty hardware (HDD/RAM), corrupt windows registry, and malware infestations will be able to cause DLL problem. Malware infestation in the Windows registry may corrupt or completely replace DLL files. If your DLL files are missing, it can be a serious issue. Fortunately, here we have a great guide which will help you get them back.