World Edit refers to something like every Minecraft server that runs plugins. It is such a huge help to build the amazing spawns and build that you see on servers. Aside from that, it makes it very easy to copy builds from one server to another.
On top of that, are able to use this to remove things from your server using the //cut feature. If you want to replace a block with another, you can just use the //replace [from block] [to block]. It is commonly used with World Guard, the name of another well-known plugin.
World Edit has a lot of uses. There is the list of the World Edit uses:
- Quickly make, replace or delete tons of the blocks in just seconds.
- No longer waste time doing mundane activities such as solve badly flowing water.
- Quickly make basic shapes such as spheres, cylinders, and so on.
- Copy areas, paste them, load them, and save them as .schematics.
- Do wonderful things like input mathematical expressions to generate terrain.
- Use the brush tools if you want to carve out mountains, ravines, and so on.
- Use the compass if you want to quickly teleport to areas by left clicking or using /jumpto.
- Pick an area and have it instantly restored from backups.
There are a lot of commands of World Edit. Each of them has different functions. If you are looking for the ones related to the axe, here are those:
|Left-click as pos1.
Right click as pos2.
|Wand is a default wand that is used to choose an imaginary region. This one is able to be optimized with the command “//sel <style>” for further selection styles. The item minecraft:wooden_axe is currently set as default.
|/toggleeditwand can either disable or enable the Worldedit functionality of the Worldedit wand (The Minecraft Wooden Axe is set as the default wand).
The wand is able to be changed to a different item through the Worldedit config file by changing the following string wand-item: Minecraft:wooden_axe to any other item then reload Minecraft. The choosing position is able to be reverted anytime. The default cuboid selection style is able to be adjusted with //sel <selection_style>. If you want to clear the imaginary selection, issue //sel or //desel. Apart from that, the selection wand is also compatible with //pos1, //pos2, //hpos1, and //hpos2.
Basically, World Edit is like a map editor for your game, in your game. This one works on either a single player or on a server. While you may not often need a map editor, this editor will not extend your load times at all and has no impact on your game until you use it. The tool causes no mod conflicts and it will be there when you need it. For more information about how to get the World Edit axe as well as the other commands, it is better for you to visit one of the best sources called Wiki.