In this guide, you will be informed how to install add-ons for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. As you probably know, the add-ons were first introduced in version 0.16.0. There are two methods to install add-ons. A few add-ons download as a .mcworld or .mcpack.
If you want to install it you will have to do so in your Downloads folder. Then, double click on the file and it will automatically be imported to your game. In some cases, it requires you to select an app to open it with. Please just choose to open it with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
For those who have downloaded a .ZIP or .RAR file, then you can use the following steps:
- Start by browsing the add-ons section on MCPE DL and find one which you want to download. In this case, you are going to try the More Chairs Add-on.
- The download normally includes either a .ZIP or .RAR file. For those who are not familiar with this kind of file, it is a compressed one which you have to extract using a program such as 7-Zip or WinRAR. You are recommended to use the 7-Zip as it is totally free and really easy to use.
- Look for the [Add-on] More Chairs By Genta.zip file on your computer. This one is usually able to be found in your downloaded files. Upon seeing it, please double click the zip file or right click it and choose “Open with… “ and choose 7-Zip to open it.
- Pick both of the two folders and then press Extract.
- Choose the location where you want to extract the two folders or use the default one. After that, press OK.
- Open the Downloads folder or the place where you selected to extract the folders. Every add-on is normally a bit different compared to the other ones. Sometimes, there is just a folder that you have to install and in some cases, there are multiple. You can start by installing the behavior pack folder: [Behavior pack] More Chairs by Genta. Choose the folder and press CTLR+C or right click it and copy it.
- Once you have copied the folder, please go to the following location on your computer using the file explorer:
Here you will be able to see two folders:
- Behavior_packs (usually for textures)
- Resource_packs (usually for behaviors such as json files)
You need to open the first one and press CTRL+V or right click somewhere in that folder and press Paste.
- Open up the Downloads folder for the second time and find the [Textures] More Chairs by Genta folder. Choose it and press CTRL+C or right click it and pick Copy.
- Open the com.mojang folder again and then open the resource_pack one. Then, paste the folder here by pressing CTLR+V or by right clicking in the folder and click Paste.
If you want to use the mod in the game called Minecraft, there are some steps left to do.