Do you need a modpack? If you add mods in Minecraft, it will make your world different and you will experience more fun things there. If you need the collection of mods, then you can add modpack. But, what modpack do you want to add? It depends on what you need.
RLCraft is one of the modpack that you are able to try to use. This Minecraft modpack has almost 120 separate mods. They have been bundled and tweaked by Shivaxi to be able to create a challenging Minecraft fantasy world. Now, this modpack is at version 2.8.2 and it can run on Minecraft version 1.12.2.
When you are surviving the world, you will find castles, dragons, dungeons, skill systems, new crafting systems. If you think that it is not enough, you will find that most of the mechanics of traditional Minecraft have been modified. So, you have to make sure that you can use this modpack to be able to enjoy all of the features.
If you want to use this modpack, you surely need to know how to install it. Below, you are able to see the steps to install RLCraft. Note that the steps below are manual installation on Windows. In the method below, it works with the original Minecraft launcher and should work with other launchers.
- First, you have to download Forge-1.12.2-22.214.171.12438-universal.jar.
- After that, you have to install Forge. You have to select the install client.
- In this step, you have to download the RLCraft Server Pack from CurseForge.
- Then, you have to go to %appdata% folder and create a new folder in it and rename it to rlcraft.
- Now, you have to extract the server pack archive to the rlcraft folder and then run minecraft launcher.
- You have to navigate to installations and create new one.
- Here, you have to name it RLCraft.
- Make sure that you set the version to 1.12.2-forge1.12.2-126.96.36.19938 and then change the game directory from .minecraft to rlcraft.
- It is important for you to allocate more RAM by clicking more options and changing the JVM argument (-Xmx2G to -Xmx4G ; G represents gigabytes and the number how many). For RAM, it is recommended to allocate 4 GB. If you use above, it will cause issues with memory leaks because of how Java itself works.
- At last, you can click Create.
If you want, you can also install RLCraft by using the Twitch Launcher. It seems that this method is easier to do. How to install RLCraft using the Twitch Launcher? You are able to follow the steps below.
- To install RLCraft using Twitch, the first thing that you have to do is to go here https://www.twitch.tv/downloads and download the Twitch App for Windows.
- After that, open the Twitch Launcher and navigate to mods at the top.
- Now, you have to click on Minecraft and then click Browse Modpacks.
- In the search bar at the top right, you have to type RLCraft.
- Here, you have to hover over the RLCraft image and click install.
- If it has been installed, you have to go back to mods, and then click Minecraft.
- Now, you can click Play and you will be able to play RLCraft.