Just like the other versions of Optifine, Optifine 1.16.1 is popular as a client side mod for Minecraft which improves performance and gives you a little bit more control over how the game looks and behaves in a few cases especially on some low performance systems.
This one is actually able to mean the difference between playing with a decent 60 fps and playing with about 10fps or 15fps. For a few people, it is a really helpful mod and it is worth being downloaded. Optifine 1.16.1 is considered as a tool because of its ability to improve the way you play Minecraft and in terms of aesthetic makes the game look better. Both Minecraft Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Java Edition have slightly different changes. The Java one works best and pretty well on low-end systems and even old-PC. Optifine is such an important tool to improve and smooth your Minecraft experience.
OptiFine 1.16.1 HD_U_G2_pre4
- It is not working: antialiasing and anisotropic filtering.
- It fixed a Fabulous warning (#4367).
- It fixed CEM with spider eyes.
- It fixed emissive textures (#4404).
- It fixed invisible entities on respawn (#4414).
- It fixed Render Regions.
- It fixed geometry shaders with AMD (#4250).
- It fixed soul flame particles (#4642).
- It added shaders uniform playerMood (#4650).
- It fixed white/black screen with shaders (#4640).
- It fixed the zoom to not reset the cinematic camera.
- It reimplemented Fast Render, compatible with shaders.
- It optimized text rendering
- It optimized chunk loading.
- It optimized chunk rendering.
- It optimized entity rendering.
- It fixed debug info chunk updates.
- It fixed soul fire and soul campfire animation option (#4328).
- It fixed CTM for logs (#4320).
- It fixed clouds with fabulous graphics (#4251).
- It fixed crimson forest and warped forest particles (#4253).
- It fixed fast render with fabulous graphics (#4289).
- It fixed CEM for skeleton horse and zombie horse (#4274).
- It fixed crashes when killing parrots (#4214).
- It added Entity Distance in performance options (#4206).
- It fixed white hotbar with shaders and FXAA (#4201).
If you want to install Optifine 1.16.1, you will need to download the respective JAR file of Optifine, which is available to download on some sites such as Minecraft Update. You should know the location of your Minecraft file on your hard drive. You are able to just the launcher again and click the launch Options tab, and then click Latest Release tab. By doing so, the game directory tool will show you the location.
Once you have found everything, please follow these following instructions. First of all, double click the respective setup file that you downloaded, then the installation window will display and you will be directed to enter a folder for the Optifine installation. Then, hit the button that shows you the default directory. Next, press Install and wait a bit to the mod installed on your PC. After that, open Minecraft launcher normally and click Installations tab. Remember to press the option New. The fifth step is to click on the version drop-down box and choose the Optifine option. When it is done, hit the Create button and now you are able to run the mod.