A Microsoft account is optional and not required to play Minecraft on Switch. It is a free account you can use to sign in on a device. It allows Minecraft players on Switch to play with other players on non-Nintendo devices like Xbox One, Android, iOS, and Windows 10 (via cross-play, Realms, or Servers).
Having a Microsoft Account also enables the portability of your Minecoins and marketplace purchases to other devices and platforms.Minecraft was released for the Nintendo Switch on June 21, 2018. At this time, previous owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition can download this new version of Minecraft for free from the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console. The players who already own Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition are going to get the new version of Minecraft free of charge. Either follow the in-game prompts to download the new version, or find it directly in the Nintendo eShop.
If you have a Microsoft account, you are able to sign in on your Switch. To do that, please follow these steps below:
- Firstly, on the Minecraft game home screen, you have to click Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- This is going to bring up a screen giving you with a unique 8 digit code and instructing you to go to http://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- Lastly, you are able to complete your sign-in by following the instructions on the site to enter the 8 digit code.
The text above is a way to sign in on your Switch. Make sure that you enter code switch correctly.
Here we are also going to share how to find your friends on their Microsoft account. To find your friends on their Microsoft account, follow these steps:
- Once you have signed in to your Microsoft account, you have to click Play on the home screen.
- Then, you have to toggle to the right to reach the Friends tab.
- After that, you are able to click Add Friend.
- The last step, simply you are able to find friends by entering their Microsoft gamertag.
As we know that Minecraft Realms are going to be available at an additional cost. Now, you may want to know how to start a Realm. To do that, you are able to follow these easy steps below:
- Please confirm that you are signed in with your Microsoft account.
- From the Main menu select Play, and from the Worlds tab select Create your first realm
- On the Create a Realm menu you are able to set the name of your realm, the duration (30 days or 180 days) and player tier (2 players or 10 players), and the cost varies depending on the option selected for duration and tier and updates in the window live as you choose them
- Lastly, you are able to click the Create button. For note: A realm is paid for using Minecoins that can be purchased through the in-game store or Nintendo eShop.