Some people believe that Minecraft is always better when you have got your own server that you and your friends can play. The servers of Minecraft do not have to cost a lot but it always helps if you are able to get yourself a free one, such as the one offered by Aternos.
Aternos is known as one of the most commonly used portals that provides the fans of Minecraft with free servers so that they are able to run their own network. Everything is free, as the motto of the company: Minecraft servers 0 free – forever. It means this one will be free as long as Minecraft is free. There are about 13 million users and 400,000 gamers who use Aternos each day, and the server has been in the field since 2013.
Features of Aternos:
For a completely free Minecraft server hosting solution, Aternos offers a fairly wide range of features, including:
- Full customization: Players have the chance to adjust anything they want on the server so that the game is the way they want it to be.
- Mods and plugins: If vanilla is not your taste, you are able to add one of a variety of plugins or mods.
- Customized worlds: People wanted to upload their own world, including parkour and adventure maps, and found that it was really easy to do.
- 2 core processor
Just like any other servers of Minecraft, Aternos has its advantages and disadvantages.
- It is free and always will be
- You are able to add up to 20 players
- Amazing customer support
- Clearly no need to hand over your card details
- Limited options
- Plugins are available but they are limited
- Cannot install your own modpack or modify config files
The server called Aternos works exactly like any other servers of Minecraft, and getting started could not be any easier. All that you have to do is to get yourself over to the official website of Aternos, login or create an account, and get your own personal Minecraft server. It just takes seconds for the server to be up and running, and you will get an email informing you when it is ready. Once everything is setup, feel free to add your friends, colleagues, or whoever you want. Once you are up and running, it does not distract you with any upsells. The entire process is really simple and you are able to jump from having no Minecraft server to having a fully customized one complete your own world at the touch of a few buttons.
Is Aternos safe to use? According to some reviews, Aternos is safe, secure, and legit. Some people have no issues with the server being compromised, uptime is amazing and each Minecraft server is guaranteed DDOS protection so that attacks are thwarted. It is also good as Alternos offer automatic backups in case things do get wrong, meaning you never have to worry that your Minecraft worlds will be lost.