There are a lot of mods that you are able to use in Minecraft. With mods, you will have different experiences while you are playing in Minecraft so that it will be more fun. Minecraft OptiFine is one of the mods that is recommended to install. And here, we will inform you about OptiFine 1.15.2.
OptiFine HD 1.15.2 is a mod which will be able to help you to be able to adjust Minecraft effectively. This mod will make Minecraft run more smoothly and use less resources. In addition, it also will enable you to be able to run resource pack HD without having to install more other mods.
What are the features of this mod? You are able to check some of the features in the OptiFine mod below.
- It has an FPS boost. It can double the FPS and decrease lag spikes and smooth gameplay.
- It can support Shaders based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix.
- It can support for HD Textures including HD textures and HD fonts (MCPatcher not needed), Custom terrain and item textures, Animated terrain and item textures, Custom HD Font character widths, Custom colors, Custom block color palettes, Custom lighting, and Unlimited texture size.
- It has Variable Render Distance which ranges from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps. In Tiny and Short distance, the sun, moon and stars are visible.
- It has Dynamic Lights. With it, it allows handheld and dropped light emitting items to illuminate the objects around them. It is the same, but not related to the Dynamic Lights mod.
- It has configurable Smooth Lighting from 1% which is smooth lighting without shadows to 100% which is smooth lighting with full shadows.
- It has Performance: VSync. It can synchronize framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay.
- It has Smart Advanced OpenGL.
More efficient, less artifacts
Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible
Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts
- There is Fog control
Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF
Fog start: Near, Far
- It also has Mipmaps. It is a visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details. The levels of Mipmap are OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max. The types of Mipmap are Nearest, Linear.
- and many more.
If you want to install OptiFine 1.15.2, you have to make sure that you have already installed Minecraft Forge. Then, you need to find the Minecraft application folder. If you use Windows, you are able to open Run from the start menu and then type %appdata% and then click on Run. If you use Mac, you have to open finder, hold down ALT and then click Go and Library in the top menu bar. After that, you have to open the folder Application Support and then look for Minecraft. Next, you have to put the mod that you have just downloaded in the jar file into the Mods folder. When you launch Minecraft and then click the mods button, you should now see the mod installed.