Patchouli is a library mod made by Vazkii. It offers the creation of detailed in-game guide books from json files. Those can be added by mods directly or by modpacks makers. The books added by Patchouli may have chapters gated behind advancements. It means that some chapters may not be visible at all to players until they complete a certain task.
PATCHOULI ON CURSEFORGE
This is the Forge port of Patchouli, a mod which aims to provide easy to implement, data-driven documentation for Minecraft modders and modpack makers alike. Patchouli’s systems offer any modder or modpack creator to quickly make beautiful books full of user experience enhancing features. The user-facing feature set of the mod is designed in function of research done on what features people liked from Botania’s Lexica Botania.
Quick list of things patchouli can do that you may be interested in. There is lots more.
- Data-driven content creation, no code required, you do not need patchouli’s code to build.
- In-game text editor.
- Rich text formatting system which supports macros.
- Advancement-driven content unlocking.
- Nested categories and bookmark able entries for quick and easy navigation.
- Some ready to use page types like crafting, text, and image pages.
- Multiblock visualization for easy building.
- Template system to make custom page types.
- Seamless integration with mods, with creative tab and pretending the book is from your mod
- Custom visuals and sounds.
- Easily localizable for other languages.
- Tons of other user friendly features.
Massive shout out to all the people who helped this become a reality:
- Drullkus for testing, giving some code, and the logo.
- Ellpeck for extensive testing and tons of help with solving bugs.
- StanHebben, for extensive testing, many good feature requests, and also giving a fair amount of code.
- wiiv, for creating the art we used.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD PATCHOULI MOD 1.12.2 ON CURSEFORGE
- At the first step, you are able to go to the Curseforge site.
- Then, you are able to search for Patchouli Mod 1.12.2. There you may find some versions of Patchouli Mod. For this case, you only need to focus on finding Patchouli Mod 1.12.2.
- After you find the mod, simply you are able to click at the link download.
- Make sure that you download and install Patchouli Mod 1.12.2 completely so that you are able to use it.
PATCHOULI MOD INSTALLATION
Besides the text above, we are also going to share other information related to Patchouli mod installation. This is a simple way that will help you to install Patchouli Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 and other versions.
- Firstly, make sure you installed Minecraft Forge.
- Then, you are able to download the Patchouli Mod below or from anywhere, make sure the mod is compatible with the version of Forge installed.
- After that, locate the Minecraft Application Folder. If you are on Windows, you are able to open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%\.minecraft\ and click Run.
- Next, you have to place Patchouli into your Mods folder.
- Finally, you are able to launch Minecraft with a Forge profile.