Apparently, reports of Valorant being unable to start correctly have flooded in from the community of Valorant in the past 24 hours. This problem is believed to coincide with Valorant Patch 2.05 update. Well, let us talk about that issue here and find out a great solution.
The players of Valorant across the world are reporting that they are greeted with an error window once they are booting up Valorant. After several troubleshooting from the Valorant community, lots of Valorant players discovered the problem to be related to their antivirus software. Probably, that update have made Valorant clients less likely to cooperate with other software on the players’ computers. Also, there are lots of players who reported that Valorant game booted up normally after they disabled their antivirus software.
If you are getting this problem when opening your Valorant client, you are able to try disabling your antivirus software and then check if it solves the issue. If Valorant will still not start, you may need to uninstall the software completely. This appears to be a temporary problem that Riot Games is already aware of.
In a response to a Reddit post regarding Valorant being unable to start correctly, one of developer at Riot Games, ArmiesofZNight, offered an explanation. He stated that one of the client updates in the new patch was not playing nicely with certain software on the players’ devices. He ensured that the team is investigating and will release a solution as soon as they can.
The explanation of ‘Valorant Unable to Start Correctly’ error
The error code which appears during this issue says “the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)”. The 0xc0000005 refers to the error code utilized to determine the exact nature of the client’s abnormal behavior. This error code has appeared before in Valorant and is usually associated with the client’s inability to launch.
At this time, the short-term solution for this problem is to disable or uninstall the antivirus software on your device. For the long-term, the only choice is to wait for a fix from the developers at Riot Games. Disabling antivirus software will be able to leave players’ devices at risk, however thankfully Riot is already working on a better, permanent solution.
Valorant Patch 2.05 is right now live with bug fixes and some added penalties for toxic behavior. Here are all bug fixes of Valorant Patch 2.05:
- Fixed a bug where the icons of the ranked game were misaligned in the history of the match.
- Now, Astra starts Spike Rush games with all 5-star charges.
- Fixed problem where Cypher’s Spycam dart could hit the players who were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Killjoy which is not getting charges of her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled once she is resurrected.
- Fixed dead opponents being counted as flashed opponents in the combat report.
- Fixed Astra’s “Out of charges” VO not playing for her skills while in Astral Form.
- Fixed the deafening effect on near sights not playing if Astra is in the game.
- Fixed Cypher’s Spycam targeting going through Sage’s wall.
- Fixed Astra having a trouble placing Stars on the defender side boxes of Icebox mid from the A site.
- Now, Sova Drone and Astra ascend or descend binds respect changed jump/crouch keybinds properly.
- The defuse range circle indicator which shows after planting the Spike again displays correctly.
- Fixed a rare bug which could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died once returning or entering from Astra’s astral form, Sova’s rone, Cypher’s Spy Camera or Skye’s scout.
- Fixed a problem where the Stinger’s stock would appear detached on the ground.
- Improved readability of player names in Observer.
- Fixed a problem where Skye’s seekers did not visibly move on Brimstone’s tactical map.
- Fixed a problem where the scoreboard color does not appropriately swap at the side swap for Observers.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Network problem icon to appear when no network problem were present.
How to fix ‘Vanguard couldn’t start’
This error does not offer much in the way of help. There is not a solution that will work for everyone no matter what. It means that it can be a nightmare to discover a fix which will solve your issue, but you do not fear, we have put a number of options that should get the game working again.
First, you have to try quitting the game client and then relaunching it. This will allow Valorant game another opportunity to boot up correctly. Valorant works in mysterious methods. Unfortunately, this does not always work out and you will need to prepare yourself for a more taxing affair. If the error message persists, you are able to try the following:
- Firstly, you have to check your graphics card drivers. If you needed to update them, so you have to restart your PC to finalize the process.
- If you have already got updated drivers, you are able to try rebooting your PC anyway. This usually works for us whenever we have encountered an error.
If those options do not work out, it is best to start afresh by uninstalling Valorant game and its anti cheat software Riot Vanguard.
- First, you have to go ahead and Uninstall Riot Vanguard. This involves heading into the “Add or Remove Programs” menu, choosing Riot Vanguard, and uninstalling it. If you are struggling or have an older version of Windows, ensure you head over to the official support page.
- Next, you are able to uninstall Valorant by heading into the same “Add or Remove Programs” menu. After this is all done, please reboot your PC, download the latest Valorant client and reinstall the game. You do not worry about manually installing Riot Vanguard, it will do this automatically.