There are many Valorant players who report that the Valorant application was unable to start correctly. This error is believed to coincide with Valorant Patch 2.05 update. So, how to fix that error? Well, let us find out that solution here.
How to fix a Valorant application that was unable to start correctly?
Here are some ways that you can try to fix Valorant application was unable to start correctly:
Way 1: Delete Malware with Anti-Malware Software
According to the research, malware is a harmful software which secretly accesses your Windows computer or device without your knowledge. Malware is getting more up-to-date by the day, and now it comes in some forms. Apparently, there are some types of malware including viruses, adware, spyware, phishing, trojan horses, rootkits, worms, ransomware, and browser hijackers. Scanning and removal of malware should be done at least once a week.
Way 2: Remove SPAM
Spam should be removed from your computer soon as you get the error. Probably, SPAM consists of viruses, adware, or a trojan horse that will slow down your computer. For more seriously, the malware such as viruses, adware or spyware will be able to multiply and install itself in the background, stealing your own passwords, keyboard usage data, browsing your history, and also control your computer’s camera and microphone.
Now, you need to block it. To block SPAM from landing in your inbox in the first place, you are able to install one of antivirus software with anti-spam protection. For this case, we suggest you to use Bitdefender. Based on the research, Bitdefender is one of the best antivirus software with anti-spam protection
Let us run a PC Scan with Restore Repair Tool to discover any error causing security issues and slowdowns. After the process scan is complete, the repair process can replace destroyed files with fresh Windows files and components. With a really powerful security engine, it can discover any virus or malware infiltrated into your system and then will optimize your PC’s performance.
Way 3: Close all Riot related processes
Some players said that Valorant applications will not start when a process is not working properly. It means that you have to exit all the Riot related processes and then launch Valorant again. Here are some steps that you have to do to close all Riot related processes:
- At the first step, right click Taskbar to open the task manager.
- After that, you have to search for Riot related processes. If you find one, simply you are able to choose it and click End task to stop it. Keep in mind that you should not stop the Vanguard process. If not, you have to restart your computer before you launch the Valorant app again.
- Once you have closed all the riot related processes, now you are able to launch the Valorant application and check if you still have an error.
Way 4: Update your graphics driver
This error can be caused by your outdated graphics drivers. There are also some players who report that Valorant application will not launch as their graphics drivers were out of date. Thus, you have to update the driver for your graphics card, manually or automatically.
To update your graphics driver manually, you are able to visit the driver download page of your graphics card manufacturer:
After that, search for your graphics card model. Please make sure to select only the latest correct driver which is compatible with your Windows version.
For those who do not have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you are able to update your graphics driver automatically with Driver Easy. It will automatically recognize your system and discover the correct drivers for your exact graphics card, and your Windows version. Also, it will download and install them properly.
Way 5: Run Valorant application as an Administrator
Running Valorant as an Administrator will be able to avoid the permission error. To run Valorant as an Administrator, here are steps to do:
- On your desktop, you need to right click the Valorant icon and choose Run as administrator. Please continue to the next step to set Valorant to always run in administrator mode if you are able to launch the application with this way.
- On your desktop, you have to right click the Valorant icon and choose Properties.
- The next step, choose the Compatibility tab. Under the Settings section, you need to check the box Run this program as an Administrator. Then, click Ok to finish.
- Lastly, you are able to launch Valorant and check if you can log in.
Way 6: Run Valorant in compatible mode
Probably, several Windows updates conflict with the Valorant application. If so, you need to try launching Valorant in compatible mode. To run Valorant in compatible mode, here are the steps
- On your desktop, you need to right click the Valorant icon and choose Properties.
- Then, you have to choose the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, check the box says Run this program in compatibility mode for. For those who are on Windows 10, you are able to set it to Windows 8. While for Windows 8 users, just set it to Windows 7. Next, simply click OK to finish.
- Lastly, you are able to restart your computer and launch the Valorant application.
Way 7: Reinstall Valorant application
This is the last solution for you: reinstalling Valorant. To uninstall Valorant application, you have follow these steps below:
- On your keyboard, you have to press the windows logo key and R at the same time to request the Run box. Next, type control and click ok to open the Control Panel option.
- Then, you are able to choose Programs and Features.
- Also, you will be able to double click Valorant and Riot Vanguard to uninstall them.
- Next, go to the Valorant official site and download the latest version.