Have you experienced a moment where you are not able to open Valorant? You thought that you had opened it in a correct way, but you found that it did not open. Then, why can it happen? If this thing happens, what should we do? Here, you find the explanation about it.
The Reasons Why My Valorant Not Opening
When you find that your Valorant does not open, you may wonder why it can happen. Well, after we did a search, there is no exact reason why it happens. However, if we know the fact that Valorant is a new game which was released on June 2nd, 2020, it is understandable.
Valorant is still at an early stage. It means that you will face some errors when you try to play it. But, if your Valoranr cannot open, there are some methods that you are able to apply to fix the issue. We explain the methods to fix it below.
How to Fix Valorant Not Working
Here, we have some methods for fixing Valorant not working. You are able to try to use the first method. However, if the first method cannot work which means that it cannot solve the issue, you can go on to another method and so on.
Try to Restart Your Computer
Restarting is the easiest and also the first method that usually can be tried to fix any issues on PC. For this issue, you are also able to try to fix it by restarting your PC, particularly if you find trouble launching Valorant and then see Error code 57.
What is error code 57? This error code means the Vanguard anti-cheat system has not been initialized. If you do not want to reboot your PC, you are able to try to restart the Vanguard process.
If you choose to reboot your PC, then you can try to open Valorant again and check whether it can solve the issue or not. If not, you can try the second method below.
Check The Specs of Your Computer
When you play any games including Valorant, you have to make sure that the specs of your computer meets the minimum requirement of the game. What will happen if we are playing Valorant on a low end computer? It can affect your gaming experience or even can cause problems.
To know whether the specs of your PC meets the requirements of Valorang or not, you can check the system requirements for Valorant below.
The Minimum Requirements for Valorant (30 FPS)
The Operating system must be at least Windows 7, 8, or 10 64-bit. The processor of your PC must be Inter Core 2 DUO E8400. Then, the memory of your PC must be at least 4 GB RAM and the graphics card must be Intel HD 4000.
The Recommended Requirements for Valorant (60 FPS)
The operating system must be Windows 7, 8, or 10 64-bit. The processor must be Intel Core i3-4150. The memory that must be possessed by your PC must be 4 GB RAM and the graphics card must be NVIDIA GeForce GT 730.
If you find that your PC does not meet the requirements above, it means that you have to upgrade your hardware.
Try Running Valorant in Compatible Mode
If there are some Windows updates, sometimes it can conflict with Valorant. So, you are able to try to open Valorant in compatible mode. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to right click the Valorant icon on your desktop and then choose Properties.
- After that, you need to choose the Compatibility tab. Under the Compatibility mode section, you need to check the box which says Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For. If you are using Windows 10, you have to set it to Windows 8. However, if you are using Windows 8, you have to set it to Windows 7. And now, you need to click on Ok.
- Now, you have to restart your computer and then try to launch Valorant again.
Try Running Valorant as An Administrator
Windows will execute a program as a regular user and it is set by default. It has limited access to some directories. If you run Valorant as an administrator, it can avoid the permission issue. To run Valorant as an administrator, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you need to right click on the Valorant icon on your desktop. After you click on it, then you must choose Run As Administrator. If you are able to open the game with this method, then you can continue to the next step to set Valorant to always run in administrator mode. However, if you still find the problem after doing this method, you can apply the next method to fix it.
- You have to right click on the Valorant icon on your desktop and then choose Properties.
- Next, you have to choose the Compatibility tab. And then, under the Settings section, you have to check the box which says Run This Program As An Administrator. After that, do not forget to click on OK.
- Now, you are able to try opening Valorant again and then check whether you can log in or not.
Try Changing the Resolution of Your Computer
After a period of time, Manufacturers will stop updating drivers for some GPUs. So, they are able to phase out outdated graphics cards. So, there are some graphics cards which may not have decent support for gaming which have high resolution.
If you find that you are using an old graphics card, then you are able to try to change it to a lower resolution. How to do this? You are able to follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you need to right click on the empty area of your desktop. After that, choose Display Settings.
- There will be a Scale and Layout section. Under it, you have to choose an option from the drop down menu.
- Now, you have to select a lower resolution.
- Here, you are able to test all the resolution options with Valorant. And then, you can see which one can solve your issue.